The EABC advocates for stronger relations between Europe and Australia, notably through the establishment of a comprehensive economic partnership between Australia and the European Union.
The EABC aims to encourage further business linkages and collaboration between Australia and Europe across all sectors, in particular where the two economies face common challenges.
To do so, the EABC provides a forum for policy discussion and debate through Boardroom Discussions & Forums.
EABC Boardroom Discussions & Forums are comprised of a structured programme of guests speakers and discussions around topics including trade and investment, innovation, education, energy, climate change, infrastructure, health, financial services, culture, defence & (cyber)security, education, transports & mobility and the digital economy.
In parallel to these discussions, the EABC maintains an ongoing dialogue with both Australian and European Ministers, European Commissioners, Ambassadors, senior officials as well as other peak business organisations. The EABC also works closely with the European Union Delegation to Australia.
For more information, please contact Tim Goulain (Director, Policy & Networks) on +61 2 8272 0600
EABC publications and media releases
- EABC – EU-Australia Framework Agreement – Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on Treaties
- Media Release – European Australian Business Council May 2018
- 2018 Australia-EU Leadership Forum report ‘The EU and Australia: Towards a New Era’
- Export Council of Australia Report on Digital Trade ‘From Resource Boom to Digital Boom’
- Report of the 1st round of negotiations 2-6 July 2018
- Press Conference on EU-Australia FTA – June 2018
- Media Release – European Commission June 2018
- PwC’s Study on Free Trade Agreement Utilisation Study (commissioned by DFAT)
- EU-Australia FTA : Legislative Schedule (EU)
- Australia, the EU and the New Trade Agenda (ANU Press, Australia)
- Business Envoy, January 2018 (DFAT)
- European Commission’s Negotiating Directives for an FTA with Australia – June 2018
- Australia’s Foreign Policy White Paper 2017 (DFAT)
- White Paper on the Future of Europe (EU, 2017)
- Making the best of Brexit for the EU27 financial system (Bruegel, 2017)
- A Global Strategy for the EU’s Foreign and Security Policy (EU, 2016)
- Australia and the EU’s €80bn R&D Programme Horizon 2020
- International Investment Australia 2017 (DFAT)