The EABC advocates for stronger relations between Europe and Australia, notably through the establishment of a comprehensive economic partnership between Australia and the European Union (EU) and between Australia and the United Kingdom (UK).
The EABC also advocates for stronger linkages between the EU and Australia in research and innovation, calling for Australian participation in the EU’s next funding programme for R&D&I, Horizon Europe.
The EABC aims to encourage further business linkages and collaboration between Australia and Europe across all sectors, in particular where the two economies face common challenges.
To do so, the EABC provides a forum for policy discussion and debate through Boardroom Discussions & Forums.
EABC Boardroom Discussions & Forums are comprised of a structured programme of guests speakers and discussions around topics including trade and investment, research & innovation, education, energy, climate change, infrastructure, health, financial services, culture, defence & (cyber)security, education, transports & mobility and the digital economy.
In parallel to these discussions, the EABC maintains ongoing dialogues with both Australian and European Governments, the EU institutions, senior officials and diplomats, peak business organisations, industry groups, and others. The EABC also works closely with the European Union Delegation to Australia.
For more information, please contact Tim Goulain (Director, Policy & Networks) on +61 2 8272 0600
Publications and media releases
- EABC – EU-Australia Framework Agreement – Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on Treaties
- Media Release – European Australian Business Council May 201
- Australia and the EU: trends and current synergies (policy report 2019)
- 2018 EU-Australia Emerging Leaders ‘Recommendations on the Future of EU-Australia Relations’
- 2018 EU-Australia Leadership Forum Plenary Report
- 2018 Australia-EU Leadership Forum report ‘The EU and Australia: Towards a New Era’
- Australia, the EU and the New Trade Agenda (ANU Press, Australia)
- Business Envoy, January 2018 (DFAT)